I’m a senior Research Scientist at Fondazione Bruno Kessler (FBK), Trento, Italy, where I head the Process & Data Intelligence (PDI) research unit and I’m scientific coordinator of the new centre of digital Health & Well Being. I’ve obtained my PhD in Computer Science Engineering in a joint programme between the Università “La Sapienza” of Rome and the University of Trento.
Before joining FBK I have worked as a post-doc at the Manchester Metropolitan University (1998-2000), and as a lecturer at the Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool (2000-2003).
I’ve worked on Semantic Web, Knowledge Engineering and Representation, Multi-Agent Systems and Process Mining and specifically on: formal semantics for contextual reasoning and multi-context logics; formal frameworks for the specification of deliberative resource bounded agents; ontology mappings and integration; collaborative modeling platforms, business process modelling, and predictive business process monitoring.
I’ve been involved in the organisation of several workshops and conferences on Contexts-based representations, Knowledge Engineering, Semantic Web, and Business Process Management. In particular I have served as programme co-chair for EKAW 2018, ISWC 2019 and BPM 2020. I’ve has been involved in a number of international research projects, among which the FP7 Organic.Lingua and SO-PC-Pro European projects and the current network of Excellence Humane-AINet, as well as industrial projects in collaboration with companies in the Trentino area.
I’m currently vice-president of AIxIA, the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence, distributed Knowledge Representation, Reasoning, and Engineering. Process Mining (discovery, verification, prediction and prescription)
- Vice-President of AIxIA, the Italian Association for Artificial Intelligence.
- Board member of SWSA, the Semantic Web Science Association
- Lecturer at the 2022 Summer School on Process Mining
- Supervision of PhD students Williams Rizzi, Patrizio Bellan, and Andrei Buliga
- Past PhD students: Greta Adamo, Giulio Petrucci, Alessander Botti Benevides, Muhammad Tahir Khan
- Programme co-Chiar of BPM 2020, the 18th Int. Conference on Business Process Management
- Programme co-Chiar of ISWC 2019, the 18th International Semantic Web Conference
- Programme co-Chiar of EKAW 2018, the 21st International Conference on Knowledge Engineering and Knowledge Management
Selected Recent Publications
- Riccardo De Masellis, Chiara Di Francescomarino, Chiara Ghidini, Sergio Tessaris: Solving reachability problems on data-aware workflows. Expert Syst. Appl. 189: 116059 (2022).
- Greta Adamo, Chiara Di Francescomarino, Chiara Ghidini, Fabrizio Maria Maggi: Beyond arrows in process models: A user study on activity dependences and their rationales. Inf. Syst. 100: 101762 (2021)
- Federico Chesani, Paola Mello, Riccardo De Masellis, Chiara Di Francescomarino, Chiara Ghidini, Marco Montali, Sergio Tessaris: Compliance in Business Processes with Incomplete Information and Time Constraints: a General Framework based on Abductive Reasoning. Fundam. Informaticae 161(1-2): 75-111 (2018)
- Giulio Petrucci, Marco Rospocher, Chiara Ghidini: Expressive ontology learning as neural machine translation. J. Web Semant. 52-53: 66-82 (2018)
- Chiara Ghidini, Luciano Serafini: Distributed First Order Logic. Artif. Intell. 253: 1-39 (2017)